Monday, May 17, 2010

Association of Professional Piercers Conference 2010


Category: Friends

I am still recovering one week after the Association of Professional Piercing annual conference in Las Vegas 2010. Wow, just wow. I have been doing the conference eight years now, and everytime I am impressed by what an amazing community this is and how lucky we are. It may sound totally cliche but its true, this is family to me.

Some of the highlights for me were; going on a pre-conference desert romp with Lars, Cuban breakfast while watching the local street life, Samars and Joshua Davids bad ass show at the banquet, Caitlins arrest and recognition by the APP volunteers, smashing the Gorilla pinata at the bar, having a last night out with Morton and Paul in North Vegas, meeting new people especially the international peers, and hanging out with old friends and family.

Special thanks to my crew who worked their ass off during the show and are absolutely the best. Lars, Julia, Fernando, and Louie you guys worked like a unit, it was amazing to watch, thank you. Thanks to Nae for helping with the computer meltdown. Also thanks to my team back home in Oaxaca for holding the fort down. And of course big thanks to my customers, I wouldnt be here except for you!

Also I was very lucky to have my photographer and friend Gregory Allen in the booth documenting the amazing gathering of people that is the APP. You can see his portfolio here: http://www.plasticimage.com. Thanks Gregory and thanks to everyone who came by to sit for a photograph. I will be posting the portraits on line just as soon as I can make it up to Mexico City and meet with Greg, hopefully sooner rather than later. The portraits are absolutely amazing!

Finally I want to thank the APP board and Caitlin and all the hard working APP volunteers. Without all that sweat and tears behind the scenes, this crucial event would not happen every year. THANK YOU!

No comments: